This is a fantastic way to improve your smile and is quick, easy and inexpensive. A great smile never goes out of fashion and at Vevay Dental Centre we offer the best options at competitive prices. We offer both tray (take home whitening) and Brite*Smile whitening done in 90 minutes.
What causes discoloration of teeth?
- There are many causes. The most common include aging and consumption of staining substances such as coffee, tea, colas, tobacco, red wine, etc. During the formation of teeth, consumption of tetracycline, certain antibiotics or excessive fluoride may also cause tooth discoloration.
Who may benefit from Brite*Smile Advanced Teeth Whitening?
- Almost anyone. However, teeth whitening may not be as effective or some as it is for others. We can determine if you are a viable candidate for Brite*Smile Teeth Whitening through a thorough oral exam, including a teeth shade assessment.
Do many people whiten their teeth?
- More people whiten their teeth than you might imagine. A bright, sparkling smile can make a big difference for everyone. The Brite*Smile Teeth Whitening System makes it easier and faster than ever before.
Is Brite*Smile Teeth Whitening safe?
- Yes, extensive research and clinical studies indicate that whitening teeth under the supervision of a dentist is safe. In fact, many dentists consider teeth whitening the safest cosmetic dental procedure available. As with any teeth whitening product, Brite*Smile Teeth Whitening is not recommended for children under 13 years of age and pregnant or lactating women.
How long do the results last?
- By following some simple post teeth whitening care instructions, your teeth will always be lighter than they were before. To keep your teeth looking their best, we recommend flossing, brushing twice daily with your Brite*Smile toothpaste. These are professional formula products designed specifically to keep your teeth at their brightest. They are available through our office.
Is there any difference between over-the-counter teeth whiteners and Brite*Smile Advanced Teeth Whitening?
- Yes! Consulting your dental professional is always the first step to whitening your teeth safely. Plus, over-the-counter teeth whitening strips, brush-on gels and toothpastes take weeks or months to whiten your teeth just a few shades. Brite*Smile is clinically proven to whiten your teeth nine to twelve shades in only 90 minutes. Only a dentist can get your teeth this white, this fast.
How does the Brite*Smile Advanced Teeth Whitening In-Office System work?
- The Brite*Smile light-activated teeth whitening gel's active ingredient is Hydrogen Peroxide. As the Hydrogen Peroxide gel is broken down, oxygen enters the enamel and dentin, bleaching coloured substances while the structure of the tooth is unchanged. The Britesmile teeth whitening light aids in activating the hydrogen peroxide and helps it penetrate the surface of the tooth.
Are there any side effects to Brite*Smile Advanced Teeth Whitening?
- With teeth whitening some people experience temporary increased tooth sensitivity to cold during treatment. These symptoms disappear within 1-3 days after completion of the teeth whitening treatment.
How long does Brite*Smile Advanced In-Office Whitening take?
- The complete teeth whitening procedure takes just over an hour and a half. The tooth whitening begins with a preparation period followed by 45 minutes of whitening. A cleaning is recommended prior to the actual Brite*Smile Teeth Whitening session